Partnering with Mr. IPO
This blog was started on 07 Jan 2007 to research on companies listing on the Mainboard and Catalist. The original idea was to have a placeholder to record my own thoughts on whether i should subscribe for the shares of the IPO companies.
Over the years, this blog managed to attract investors, traders, brokers and punters who are keen to read about the independent but super-biased views of Mr. IPO on whether they should subscribe for those IPOs. The blog posts have also been shared in popular websites like Share Investment and forums like Hardwarezone and Shareinvestor.com. On some occasions, the research reports released by brokerage firms even bore a close resemblance to the articles written on this blog...
Traffic and Social Media
Mr. IPO's Facebook page currently has more than 3,300 followers and whenever there is a popular IPO, the blog attracts more than 25,000 unique visitors easily. The traffic really depends on whether there is live IPO and you can see the statistics here.
How Mr. IPO can help listing aspirants?
Mr. IPO would like to help companies listing on SGX and Catalist gain public awareness. Many IPO aspirants are too small or too new and local investors are not familiar with them. Mr. IPO can help in the following ways:
- Feature a special introduction on the Company and its business activities on the blog
- Feature a video interview with the CEO or CFO to discuss the business strategies and business plans
- Invite Mr. IPO and his Facebook followers to the IPO roadshow and meet the CEO
- Tap on Mr. IPO's extensive network and resources to find institutional investors or the minimum number of shareholders required.
Who should contact Mr. IPO?
- Sponsors or Corporate Advisory firms advising their clients for listing on SGX and Catalist
- Public relations firms who are helping their clients with the listing
- Investors relations departments of Companies going for listing
- Deal makers who are helping the Companies on the share placement tranche
What Mr. IPO will or will not do
Mr. IPO will continue to do his usual write up on all IPO companies. His chilli ratings will continue to be independent but super-biased and he will continue to be transparent in his shareholdings (if any). His ratings will not be affected by whether he received any compensation for the posts. This is because he is not even sure if people will pay him to do an advertorial hahaha... but he wouldn't mind paying for the shares that he likes at the IPO subscription price.
Please do not contact Mr. IPO if you think his chilli ratings can be purchased. Those who think that the chilli ratings can be bought may want to visit the wet market instead. He will not let the credibility he has painstakingly built up over the years to go down the drain. He fully understands that reputation takes 3 years to build but only 3 minutes to destroy it so he will not allow anything foolish to happen....
Mr IPO contact details
Mr. IPO can be contacted at email@example.com. Please send the email using a suitable subject header so that it wouldn't end up in the junk box. Please leave a contact number so that he can call to discuss over phone or arrange to meet up for a cup of coffee to discuss ways in which he can be helpful.